I don’t know about you, but some of my favorite products were bought as a result of hearing (or reading) someone else rave about them. Take the exfoliating scrub I use twice each week, for example. I bought it for the first time years ago after a friend swore by it’s cleansing properties and since then I’ve easily gone through four tubes of the stuff and I wouldn’t dream of switching to a new one. With that in mind, I though I’d start a little something new here on the spot. I’m planning to make a habit of posting about 5 things I’m loving lately. As of now, I’m undecided as to how often I’ll do these posts. Perhaps I’ll let your feedback be a deciding factor. Without further ado, though, here are the five things I’m loving lately.
1. Kindle Fire HD – For the longest time I sat on the sidelines, watching forlornly as so many of my friends acquired e-readers of one sort or another. That is, until a modest windfall of spending money befell us late in 2012. Jeff and I used the opportunity to purchase Amazon’s new Kindle Fire HD (one for each of us) and we haven’t looked back since. Prior to owning an e-reader, I wondered whether it would be worth the expense, especially since I rarely buy books; I typically borrow them from the library. Now that I have a Kindle, I can honestly tell you that I use it daily. Not only is it great for reading (I borrow electronic books from the library now) but it’s also incredibly handy in the kitchen. I use the internet browser to pull up recipes and then prop the Kindle on the kitchen counter as I’m cooking or baking. Many of the same apps available on my iPhone are available in the Kindle store, too. It’s fabulous for watching movies during long road trips or flights. I’ve even downloaded several versions of the Bible for reference during church and Bible study. I love it for so many reasons. It was worth every penny.
2. EOS lip balm – All three of my girls had one of these cute little balls of lip balm before I did. But once I found out that it’s 95% organic and paraben an petrolatum free, I was a convert. The cute factor is a bonus. I’ve included an affiliate link to Amazon, but it’s significantly cheaper at Target, just $2.99.
3. Jillian Michaels Kickbox FastFix – I’ve mentioned before that I don’t have a gym membership. I work out at home, in front of the TV. I own several fitness DVD’s, but this is the one I’m loving lately. Kickboxing is my favorite way to work out and Jillian’s DVD includes three twenty minute workouts, one geared towards upper body, one towards lower body and one towards abs. I would describe it as moderately difficult.
4. Bio-Ionic iDry Nano-i5X Pro-Dryer – My hair is neither curly or straight. Rather, I have a bit of a funky wave thing going on that requires time and product to be presentable. My blow dryer recently bit the dust–sparking and nearly lighting my hair on fire on its way out. I saw reviews of this little beauty right around that time and splurged on the purchase. I’m glad I did. It seriously speeds my styling process and leaves my hair far less frizzy than my previous dryer.
5. Kale and white bean soup – I was skeptical going in. But this recipe is da bomb. Seriously. The only change I make is to use sweet Italian chicken sausage in place of the kielbasa. Also, we use homemade chicken stock and I’m sure that does a lot to improve the flavor. I’m telling you, though, this recipe is a huge hit with the whole family. I never thought the kids would beg for kale soup, but they do. Frequently.
And that rounds out my list. Tell me…what are you loving lately?
*This post includes affiliate links.