I first spotted this salad in my Real Simple magazine several years ago and we’ve been making it ever since then. It’s delicious! What makes it so is the fresh and flavorful dressing. It’s super light–perfect for a hot evening when you don’t want to eat something too heavy. I serve it with homemade popovers. This meal is a hit every time!
- 4 T. olive oil
- 1/4 fresh lemon juice
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed with the back of a pan
- 1 whole (2 halves) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen organic corn kernels
- 1 bag organic baby spinach
- 2 avocados, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 oz. Parmesan, shaved
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic cloves and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Pour half of the dressing mixture into a Ziploc bag, set the rest aside. Add chicken breast to Ziploc bag. Marinate meat in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- When meat is ready, grill until internal temperature reaches at least 165º. After it finishes cooking, allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes to let juices settle before cutting it into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook corn according to package instructions. Allow to cool.
- To assemble the salad, toss spinach, corn, chicken, avocado and Parmesan with remaining dressing.
SOURCE: Real Simple magazine