Soups are one of my favorite menu items to serve when busy weeknights necessitate a quick dinner. But when you live in the desert, something about a steamy bowl of soup just doesn’t cut it during the scorching summer months. Using one of the menu items from Disney’s cruise ships as inspiration, I recently served this chilled mango soup. It’s a huge hit with the family and super easy to prepare ahead of time. Pair it with a yummy grilled cheese sandwich and you’re all set!
- 6-8 large mangoes, peeled, and cored
- 2-3 cups of coconut water
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup passion fruit puree
- agave syrup, to taste
- Place about half of the mango in a blender with one cup of the coconut water. Puree. Pour mango mixture into large bowl. Repeat with remaining mango and additional one cup of coconut water.
- Add yogurt and passion fruit puree to mango mixture and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Add 1/4 cup agave syrup and mix well. Taste the soup. Add additional coconut water and agave syrup to reach desired consistency and sweetness. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Keeps well in the refrigerator for up to three days.