Perhaps, but once you try this festive cranberry clove sparkling margarita I suspect you might have a new holiday tradition. Seriously, just look at this gorgeous cocktail! And just you try to tell me that it doesn’t exude The Merry. It totally does. This particular margarita is both tart and sweet thanks to the cranberry, with added spice and warmth from the clove. I’m telling you, every sip will raise your holiday spirits. Pinky swear. And with the festive addition of some bubbly (water, not champagne), you will be warmed from the inside out long before you can finish the chorus to Baby, It’s Cold Outside. Cheers!
- 3 oz. 100% cranberry juice (not cocktail, and preferably not from concentrate)
- 3 oz. clove simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 6 oz. of fresh cranberries
- 3 oz. fresh lime juice
- 3 oz. tequila
- 2 oz. orange liqueur
- 2 oz. sparkling water
- 1-2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- We're going for a strong syrup here so that we don't water down our margarita unnecessarily. To that end, combine one cup of water and 1-2 tablespoons of whole cloves in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer (uncovered) until you've reduced the water by half. Add one cup sugar and stir until sugar is thoroughly dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Combine cranberry juice, syrup, cranberries and lime juice in a blender. Blend until the mixture is liquified--no chunks. Strain mixture over a fine mesh sieve into a mason jar. Add tequila and orange liqueur and mix well. Pour desired amount over ice into a glass, topping off with the sparkling water and giving it a little swizzle. This recipe makes two servings, so make sure that you spread the sparkling water appropriately between the two glasses. We rimmed our glasses with white chocolate and sparkling sugar if only because it makes for a pretty presentation. Cheers!
SOURCE: Heavily adapted from Confections of a Foodie Bride