Some things in this life go hand-in-hand, don’t you agree? For instance:
- peanut butter & jelly
- Mickey & Minnie
- hugs & kisses
You might not know it, but like the aforementioned examples, popcorn has a natural counterpart. And no, it’s not that nasty movie theater butter imposter. It’s chocolate. Popcorn & chocolate are a match made in, well, a match made in the most clever of kitchens for sure. I recently thought I’d take it up a notch and try my hand at a S’mores popcorn snack. I’m happy to report that it was a huge hit with my people. And so easy.
You start by smothering freshly-popped popcorn in a gooey marshmallow coating. Toss in some cute little Teddy Graham snacks, some chocolate bits and maybe a few chocolate sprinkles just for fun. Voilà! You’ve got yourself one yummy snack.
I used these Hershey’s drops because I thought they lent the most authentic S’mores flavor. If you want to give this recipe a go, make sure you pick up a bag the next time you’re out shopping.
Doesn’t it just look so yummy? I can assure you that looks aren’t deceiving in this case.
- 1/2 cup organic popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 8 oz. package Hershey's drops
- 1 10 oz. package of marshmallows
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Teddy Grahams
- chocolate sprinkles, optional
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or Whirly-Pop. Add popcorn and cook until the popping sound stops. When the popcorn has finished popping, lay it out in a single layer on a sheet of wax paper. Pick out unpopped kernels and discard.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. When butter has melted, add marshmallows and cook--stirring constantly--until the marshmallows are completely melted and no lumps remain. Add popcorn and Teddy Grahams to marshmallow mixture and stir well to completely coat the popcorn & Teddy Grahams in marshmallow.
- Once the marshmallow has cooled, toss in chocolate drop and chocolate sprinkles, if using.
- Stores well in an airtight container for up to three days.
You might also like: