As founder and managing editor of Such the Spot, I’d like to introduce myself. Hi! I’m Darcie Maranich. Welcome to my blog. I hope you’ll stick around awhile. Whether you’re a reader or a brand looking to connect, I presume you clicked on the ‘About’ link because you’d like to get to know me better. Let’s dig right in, shall we?
- a child of God and follower of Christ. If I wore a sign around my neck it would read: His work in progress.
- married to my best friend, Jeff. He’s a real-life rocket scientist, exceedingly capable sous chef (to me), and deep thinker. I bet you’d like him almost as much as I do.
- the mother of four kids. Three girls and one little guy. They are distinctly, inexplicably, and beautifully unique young people who I’m insanely proud of.
- a teen mom, twenty-one years removed.
- blessed with a daughter who has three number 21 chromosomes (or Down syndrome, in layman’s terms).
- grandma to (though I prefer the term Mimi, thank you very much) the sweetest little baby girl you ever did meet.
- a writer. I’m at my best when I’m pouring my heart into posts I’m passionate about.
- currently living in Huntsville, Alabama. If you’d like, you can read about our home construction experience and home construction progress or tour the new house.
- travel. The further I go, the more I grow.
- real food. Attending foodie events and festivals is one of my favorite indulgences.
- artisan goods. Most any noun preceded by the term ‘handcrafted’ or ‘small-batch’ is sure to send my heart fluttering.
- wine. From swirling and sniffing to sipping and savoring, discovering bold, peppery Zins and crisp, fruity whites is an inspired pursuit.
- in a well-rounded, healthy lifestyle. In spite of the trends, I don’t eat gluten-free or paleo. I’m no CrossFit junkie. I exercise regularly and eat a little bit of everything–balance is key to my best life.
- in valuing experiences. We collect moments, not things.
- in seeking to improve. I want to be and to do a little better each new day.
- in miracles. I serve a God who surprises and delights.
- in straight talk. I say what I mean and I mean what I say.
About Such the Spot
Such the Spot was established in 2008 and has since evolved into a bit of digital real estate I’m proud to have built from scratch. A lifestyle blog with a focus on travel, food, faith and living ideas for moms and families, Such the Spot seeks to provide readers with creative and timely posts that simplify common tasks and inspire a meaningful life.
Also Find Me
In addition to posting regularly on Such the Spot, I also:
- am a columnist for Tucson Local Media via the Explorer.
- was a selected as an inaugural (and returning) member of the Disney Parks Moms Panel.
- am part of the creative team (recipe development) at Yellow Bliss Road.
- am a contributing writer for TucsonTopia.
- published a novel in Italy.
- am a contributing writer in the anthology, Wedding Cake for Breakfast.
- am published on Huffington Post.
- Have been both featured and syndicated on BlogHer.
Connect With Me
Your comments truly make my day. Just ask my husband; he’ll tell you that I mope around the house and unnecessarily slam cupboard doors when one of my posts goes seemingly unnoticed. So, please, for the sake of my family, leave me a comment. I’d love to chat with you! Alternatively, reach out here:
I’m PR friendly and open to corporate partnerships, conference sponsorships and like-minded advertisers.