Hi! I’m Darcie. Welcome to my blog!
- a child of God and follower of Christ. If I wore a sign around my neck it would read: His work in progress.
- married to my best friend, Jeff. He’s a real-life rocket scientist, exceedingly capable sous chef (to me), and deep thinker. I bet you’d like him almost as much as I do.
- the mother of four kids. Three girls and one little guy. They are distinctly, inexplicably, and beautifully unique young people who I’m insanely proud of.
- a teen mom, twenty-three years removed.
- blessed with a daughter who has three number 21 chromosomes (or Down syndrome, in layman’s terms).
- grandma to (though I prefer the term Mimi, thank you very much) the sweetest little baby girl you ever did meet.
- a writer. I’m at my best when I’m pouring my heart into posts I’m passionate about.
- currently living in Huntsville, Alabama. If you’d like, you can read about our home construction experience and home construction progress or tour the new house.
- travel. The further I go, the more I grow.
- real food. Attending foodie events and festivals is one of my favorite indulgences.
- artisan goods. Most any noun preceded by the term ‘handcrafted’ or ‘small-batch’ is sure to send my heart fluttering.
- wine. From swirling and sniffing to sipping and savoring, discovering bold, peppery Zins and crisp, fruity whites is an inspired pursuit.
- in a well-rounded, healthy lifestyle. In spite of the trends, I don’t eat gluten-free or paleo. I’m no CrossFit junkie. I exercise regularly and eat a little bit of everything–balance is key to my best life.
- in valuing experiences. We collect moments, not things.
- in seeking to improve. I want to be and to do a little better each new day.
- in miracles. I serve a God who surprises and delights.
- in straight talk. I say what I mean and I mean what I say.
About Such the Spot
Such the Spot was established in 2008 and has since evolved into a bit of digital real estate I’m proud to have built from scratch. A lifestyle blog with a focus on travel, food, home decor and living ideas for moms and families, Such the Spot seeks to provide readers with creative and timely posts that simplify common tasks and inspire a meaningful life.
Also Find Me
In addition to posting regularly on Such the Spot, I also:
- am a columnist for Tucson Local Media via the Explorer.
- was selected as an inaugural (and returning) member of the Disney Parks Moms Panel.
- published a novel in Italy.
- am a contributing writer in the anthology, Wedding Cake for Breakfast.
- am published on Huffington Post.
- Have been both featured and syndicated on BlogHer.
Connect With Me
Your comments truly make my day. Just ask my husband; he’ll tell you that I mope around the house and unnecessarily slam cupboard doors when one of my posts goes seemingly unnoticed. So, please, for the sake of my family, leave me a comment. I’d love to chat with you! Alternatively, reach out here:
I’m PR friendly and open to corporate partnerships, conference sponsorships and like-minded advertisers.