One of our favorite counter-service locations at Walt Disney World is the Earl of Sandwich restaurant at Downtown Disney. While I’m sure that many of their menu items are delicious, my personal favorite is the All-American. After a recent trip, I found myself craving it long after having returned home. Now, I don’t know where the nearest Earl of Sandwich location is, but wherever it is, it isn’t drivable. Not to let my craving go unsatisfied, I quickly came up with a copycat recipe of my own. The version I came up with is none too shabby. In fact, I have it on good authority that my version surpasses the original. As long as my husband is the one doing the tasting, that is.
This is not–by any means–a gourmet meal. It is, though, a satisfying dinner for a busy weeknight. Because the turkey breast is slow-cooked in the Crock-Pot throughout the day, it really makes this a quick and easy go-to menu choice. Enjoy!
- Bread of your choice (I use Costco Torta sandwich rolls)
- Jarred or organic cranberry sauce
- Homemade buttermilk ranch dressing
- Half turkey breast
- Cheddar cheese slices
- Place the turkey breast in the Crock-Pot with enough water (or chicken stock) to cover the bottom. Season turkey breast with salt and pepper. Cook on low for six hours or so. When the turkey is done, shred the meat and set aside.
- Broil both sides of your sandwich bread until toasted. Place one slice of cheddar cheese on each half of the bread and broil on low until melted and bubbly. Spread the bottom slice of the bread with cranberry sauce.
- Add desired amount of turkey and pour homemade ranch dressing over turkey meat. Top with lettuce (if desired) and the top slice of bread.
- Serve with baked sweet potatoes or sweet potato chips.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: As Served
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1777 kcalTotal Fat: 79 ggSaturated Fat: 22 ggCholesterol: 736 mgmgSodium: 668 mgmgProtein: 248 gg