I’m a firm believer that if you’re going to entertain, you need to have a signature cocktail. And I don’t mind telling you that around these parts, there is no shortage of those. These Easy Five-Minute Cranberry Pear Martinis are a perfect example. This might just be the easiest drink you’ll ever make. Bonus points for it being festive and yummy, too!
The nice thing about martinis? They’re sophisticated. Something about the shape of glass and the way it forces one to sip lends an air of snobbery (in the best of ways, of course). Martinis are very James Bond. And Marilyn Monroe. Wouldn’t you agree?
While sophistication is always a perk, the true test for any festive cocktail is how long it takes to prepare. Because when you’re entertaining, you don’t want to be stuck behind the bar mixing drinks. You want to be mingling with your people, taking sophisticated sips of your sippable martini. These easy five-minute cranberry pear martinis allow you to do just that, my friend. They’re honestly as simple as pouring the liquor, shaking, sugaring the rim and moving on. That’s my kind of drink right there.
And would you just look at how gorgeous they are? That color! It’s so festive. The rim of this drink is studded with a sugar/clove mixture that serves two purposes: beauty and taste. It adds sparkle and just the right kick that this martini needs to add the perfect holiday touch.
One thing to note is that since vodka is the star of this show, you really do want to use a high quality vodka in this recipe. I’d recommend Grey Goose, Kirklands (Costco brand) or Belvedere.
I hope I needn’t waste any more words convincing you. If you’re looking for a no-fuss, impressive drink to serve as your signature cocktail for an upcoming get together, you can’t go wrong with these easy five-minute cranberry pear martinis.
Other festive holiday cocktails you might want to try:
EASY FIVE-MINUTE CRANBERRY PEAR MARTINIS
This is the perfect drink to serve as your signature cocktail at the next get together you host! Simple, yet impressive, these martinis are a show stopper.
- 11 oz. quality vodka
- 2.5 oz. pear liqueur
- 2.5 oz. cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 orange wedge
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cloves. Stir well to thoroughly mix. Pour the mixture around the perimeter of a small plate in a ring shape. Set aside.
- Slice the orange wedge about 3/4 of the way through. Place the orange over the rim of a martini glass and gently squeeze as you rub the orange around the entire rim. Invert the glass over the prepared sugar plate so that the moistened rim is placed into the clove/sugar mixture. Return the martini glass to its upright position. Repeat with three additional glasses.
- Fill a large martini shaker or a Mason jar with ice. Pour in vodka, pear liqueur and cranberry juice. Cover with lid. Shake vigorously.
- Evenly divide the martini between four sugar-rimmed glasses.
For the best results, you want to be sure to use both a high quality vodka (think Grey Goose, Kirklands or Belvedere) and 100% cranberry juice, not a cranberry juice cocktail.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4oz.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249