When we built and subsequently moved into this house just over six years ago I remember telling more than one person that the only way I’d ever move out of this place was if they dragged my stiff, lifeless body from it. Drastic, much? Who, me? Now, here I am compiling a wish list of sorts: features I really hope to find in the home we move on (up?) to. If for no other reason than to document them in case I forget, I’m posting that in-progress list here. Humor me.
– a bookshelf (or space for one) in the kitchen so that I have somewhere to store my cookbook collection
– two kitchen sinks. I swear I always need to rinse or drain something when one of my helpers starts in on the dishes.
– a built-in desk in the kitchen
– a bigger pantry than we have now (walk-in would be ideal)
– a dedicated entryway space
– a sink in the laundry room
On the other hand, some of the features that we (wisely, if I do say so myself) had built in to our current home have proved to be quite valuable indeed. I wouldn’t want to sacrifice the following in a future home:
– an extra-long, covered patio in the backyard
– a built-in entertainment center (TV nook)
– high counters in the master bath
– double sinks in the additional bathrooms
– double ovens
– double ovens
– double ovens (SO worth repeating)
– lots and lots of windows
– plumbing for a water softening system
What about you? What features would be on your ultimate home wish list? And which features in your current house do you find valuable?